Monday, October 12, 2020

There's No Place Like Gnome

 Saturday, 10/10/20 was World Mental Health Day.  It really got me thinking that of all years, of all times, this is the time to be aware of our own mental health.  Self care is important!  I am a busy mom of 3 teenagers, even during a pandemic.  If I don't make sure that I am doing "ok" then how will I be a good parent and wife?  SO, today, I turned the TV OFF.  I colored.  I let my mind get completely absorbed in the task of coloring with my comics and enjoying it.  I am so glad I did!  I needed that!

I fall in love with my Copic Markers a little more each time I use them.  I have started getting brave.  I am the type that will be given a technique or combination to acquire a certain color, and I will stick with it forever.  I have started to branch out and really learn what amazing things these markers are.  Making the fall leaves on this cute little gnome house, I started with orange, but really wanted to make them look "real". Real leaves don't just turn orange.  They have bits of red as they turn.  I gave my own combination of markers a shot, and it turned out so well!  Sometimes you just have to step out of that comfort zone and learn what you are capable of.

I recently came back to card making after a long hiatus.  Can I tell you....I lost my Scor--Pal!  As I tell my kids, it's not like it grew legs and walked away....but it must have!!  So, I am not happy with my card.  The crease is not neat and tidy.  I love a good CAS card.  Must find my favorite crafting companion!

I love gnomes.  My home is decorated with seasonal gnomes.  Not to an obsession level, but a cute level.  I think my teenagers disagree, but I don't care.  They make me happy. Happiness is important!


I was tickled to come across the YNS: Gnome Sweet Gnome set.  I love my gnomes, but they need cute homes too!  I used the sentiment from my SPD: Gnome Sweet Gnome set.  It fit in the space I had better.  

Challenges Entered:

YNS: Challenge #149-Give Thanks

Freshly Made Sketches - #456

Supplies Used: 

YNS: Gnome Sweet Gnome Set

SPD: Gnome Sweet Gnome Set

Paper pads from Creative Imaginations

4 comments:

  1. Another fab card! And I agree, the more you work with the Copics, the more you are willing just to go for it. Thanks again for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! I look forward to joining FMS more!

      Delete
  2. This is just delightful! Your Copic coloring is fabulous! And, until you find your Score Pal, you might be able to use the cutting line on your paper trimmer and run down it with a bone folder. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I appreciate the suggestion! I am slowly dusting off the crafty cobwebs in my brain!

      Delete

Thank you for your kind words!

XOXO
Dina