Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Dreaming of Warmer Days

My house is getting new floors in EVERY room.  ALL AT ONCE.  So, my family and I have been bunking in a hotel this week.  While I have been feeling a bit displaced, I have had LOTS of time to color.  I have paper and markers all over the hotel room.  I have been coloring, browsing different blogs, and even taking the time to teach my girls how to color.

While I may not be buried in snow like my Northeast friends and relatives, it HAS been cold in Florida.  We Floridians are all feeling the chill. 

The cold weather, and upcoming holiday dedicated to the "L" word inspired my card. 

Stampin' Up
 
 
Butterflies are one of my very favorite things about Spring.  We have a dozen milkweed plants in our backyard, and each year we get to watch many Monarch Butterflies, from egg to the day they spread their wings for the first time. 
 
I was inspired by the MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge today.  I found this cutie in her wings.  She is from the "Fluttering By" clear stamp set by MFT.  I added some more butterflies using the "Flight of the Butterfly" set from Stampin' Up.  I was really pleased with how my idea of stamping butterflies on the coordinating paper worked out.  Then I only glued down their bodies, so that their wings could "flutter".
 
Hoping I can keep the blog going while we continue with our home renovations.  Where there's a will, there's a way!!!
 
Challenges I am entering
 

MFTWSC212


Supplies I used for this card:
Fluttering By Clear Stamps Set  - MFT
Die-Namics- Well Worn Greeting - MFT
Flight of the Butterfly stamp set- Stampin' Up
Hoptscotch 6x6 paper pad - Fancy Pants Designs




2 comments:

  1. I, for one, am totally impressed that you were able to make this out of your normal craft area, Dina! Hope the floors get done soon. :)

    Susan R. Opel, Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! While it was a bit disorganized, the hotel room was actually quite peaceful and conducive to coloring!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words!

XOXO
Dina