Saturday, December 27, 2014

My Very First Blog Post and Card!!!

My FIRST Post!

So exciting!
 
 
After much nudging by friends, and fear that "I don't know how to blog", I am making a commitment to start!
 
 
I have found a love of coloring and crafting.  I didn't even know about coloring with Copic Markers until Wendy Ramlakhan from SugarPea Designs introduced me to this addictive habit!!
(Thank you, Wendy!)
 
I have much to learn about blogging, and coloring, but the journey is fun!
 
Coloring is a great stress reliever.  Designing the cards, maybe not as much.  LOL!  I am a slow crafter.  It takes me a while to "see" the card in my mind. 
 
Here is the first card I ever made, with the very patient assistance of Wendy. 
 
 

 
I used the "My Hero" clear stamp set from SugarPea Designs.  This was my very first introduction to coloring with Copic Sketch Markers.  I fell in love!!!!  Oh the things you can do with a few little markers!  Wendy taught me how to give his jeans a more "denim" look by laying a piece of cut up jeans on top after coloring.  It gave them a more textured look. 
We lifted our Super Dad off the page with a little foam sticker.  And applied some super hero theme Washi tape.  So simple!!! 
The phrase was embossed with white embossing powder. 
Trust me when I say, I learned A LOT on this day!  And, it's what got me hooked!
 
But, I must give credit where credit is due!  Please go see all the CUTE clear stamps at Wendy's webpage!  SugarPea Designs
 
Here's to a new year, and a new Blog!!!
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for all of your kind words and a huge CONGRATS on taking the leap and starting your blog. Super cute blog name! The stamp/craft community is very warm and welcoming…you're going to love it!! Wishing you much joy and success in this new venture! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words!

XOXO
Dina